Full time – 47.5 hours per week (7am-4.30pm)
Fixed term: Immediate start until February 2020
We are looking for Cable Pullers to work on a large commercial site installing catenary wire and speaker cable. You will be responsible for following the instructions of your team leader and using best practice to complete work safely, efficiently and within time frames.
If you are looking to climb the first rung of your career ladder this may be the place to start as there are longer term opportunities for candidates interested in a technology based career with NZ’s leading design and installation company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attending daily pre-start meetings to understand work completion targets and health and safety instructions.
- Following the instructions and directions of your team leader and communicating clearly the work you have completed.
- Carrying out installations in line with best practice and within time-frames.
- Attending safety briefings and following safety procedures and site rules at all times.
- Be able to pass random alcohol and drug tests.
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Show a high level of professionalism and work ethic.
- Have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices.
- Site Safe Certification to Building Construction Passport level is preferred.
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Certification is advantageous.
- A manual drivers’ licence is an advantage.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with a solid 6 months experience pulling data cable and experience using basic hand tools (such as a drill, side cutters), however we may consider candidates without existing experience who show an aptitude for learning, practical skills and the right attitude.
Apply with your covering letter and CV email@example.com