Full time, Permanent
You play with Arduino, own a drone, your house is partially automated, you write code for fun and your friends and family call you when their computers don’t work.
We are looking for a keen IT person to lead our team. We need you to bring both your hardware and software skills, a passion for giving new things a go and a love of learning.
Automation Associates simplifies our clients lives by providing gracefully integrated technologies perfectly matched to their home and lifestyle or business. These systems are implemented by an awesome team of designers and technicians dedicated to creating an excellent experience.
As Chief Geek you will be responsible for taking care of fixes, adds, moves and changes in our hardware systems, tweaks and updates to the code in our software systems and planning and delivering upgrades to deliver on the IT roadmap for our business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing hardware, networks and phone systems for the AA group
- Maintaining and updating company software and apps using common languages and platforms including C#, .net, Java Script, JQuery, SQL and React.
- Troubleshooting technology issues
- Providing training on new technology
- Developing the technology roadmap – making recommendations for technology purchases
- Defending our systems with great security and notifying and remedying any breaches
- Maintaining our backup and DR Systems
- Managing our websites and webservices including liaising with our SEO providers
We have external hardware and software partners for projects or issues that may require escalation or additional resources beyond your current skill levels are so don’t worry if you don’t have all of the above skills – what’s really important is your great attitude.
We offer a friendly and flexible environment at the forefront of home and business automation technology with access to all the local and international tech suppliers you could ever want.
Contact Alex now on firstname.lastname@example.org