Full time – 47.5 hours per week (7am-4.30pm)
Fixed term, Immediate start until February 2020
We are looking a Team Leader to direct a team of up to 3 cable pullers on a large commercial site, installing catenary wire and speaker cable. You will be responsible for working alongside your team, managing and motivating them, ensuring work is completed efficiently, safely and most importantly within time frames.
There are longer term opportunities for candidates interested in advancing their technology based career with NZ’s leading design and installation company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attending daily pre-start meetings to understand work completion targets.
- Checking work regularly and directing your installers.
- Tracking your teams work to ensure completion within time-frames each day.
- Working with your team to deliver on-target, on-time, quality installations.
- Carrying out reporting in a timely manner
- Completing and submitting as-built cabling routes and reporting as required, in a timely manner.
- Working closely with project managers, the testing team and the Site Manager to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Be Site Safe Certified to BCP level.
- Be Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Certified.
- Have a very good command of the English language.
- Be able to pass random alcohol and drug testing.
- Have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of safe working practices.
- Manual drivers’ licence is an advantage.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with 2 years cable pulling experience and 1 year leading a team. You must be able to work autonomously and be able to read floor plans and schematics, read and follow a cable schedules and determine the best cable routes, taking account of existing cable trays and other existing services to execute a timely install using resources efficiently.
Apply by sending your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org