What is Home Automation
Home automation, often referred to as a smart home or smart house, controls connected devices such as lighting, heating/cooling systems, entertainment systems (such as home theatre and audio), and security systems (such as access control and alarms). The devices connect to a central smart home hub and are controlled via touchscreens, keypads or through an app for smart phones and tablets.
This Riverhead home project features a home automation system and allows for easy expansion of the system in the future.
Ambience, Convenience and Energy Savings
Electronic lighting control allows you to easily create ambience in your home and provides convenience via one-button-push functionality using keypads, touchscreens and your phone.
- Recall your favourite lighting levels for dining.
- Push the ‘all off’ button when it’s time to sleep. No more wandering the house to turn off all the lights!
- Turn the lights on at the front door when your food delivery is about to arrive, without leaving the comfort of the couch.
- Need to wake up before sunrise? Lighting control lets you set a timer that gently ramps up lights to wake you up, mimicking the rising sun. Read more about Human Centric Lighting here.
- Set lighting levels to match your mood or activity – dimmed to watch a movie or bright to finish that puzzle!
Lighting control not only offers ambience and convenience but provides energy efficiency and cost savings through dimming lights.
Take a look at one of our projects featuring home automation.
Smart home automation and lighting control also enhances the safety and security of your home. Lights can be programmed to come on while you’re away to give the appearance that your home is occupied. Or a ‘panic’ button can be programmed so that you can flood the outside with light if you hear a suspect noise during the night.
A whole home automation system combines control of lights, thermostats, audio and security from one sleek touchscreen ridding your home of the clutter of keypads on your walls. Great looking, reliable and simple to use.